|Date||22 Oct 2020|
|Location||LIVE-ONLINE: TIMINGS BELOW|
|Discounted Member Price||AUD $1,050.00|
This professional development module has been developed for practitioners responsible for crisis communication planning and execution, or practitioners wanting to build and sharpen their skills and expertise to a best practice standard.
Alexis Lindsay, Scentre Group's Director Corporate Affairs and Melissa O'Neill, Treasury Wine Estates’ Global Director Corporate Affairs, will join Centre Executive Director Wayne Burns in delivering this module which will include practical and hands-on examination of crisis communications strategy, tactics and tools through a lens of international best practice.
The program will include case studies and insights to:
• Differentiating between an issue and a crisis; understanding the stages of a crisis and stakeholder expectations; crisis communication as an essential component of crisis management; crisis communication planning, frameworks and tools.
• What has changed in crisis communications since the beginning of 2020.
• Crisis communications in action: from planning to simulations, to action. Using your seat at the table. Delegation, authority, coordination. Forming the right crisis communications team.
• Managing through the crisis. Crisis communication modus operandi; issues within crises; tools, tactics, timing. What worked, what did not? Lessons learned.
• Assessing and reporting crisis communications performance in real time; effective communication with stakeholders; showing value; building reputation during crises – the team and yours.
This is a full-day accredited Centre for Corporate Public Affairs module, which upon completion earns the practitioner five professional development credit points, and certification that the module has been completed.
ACT/NSW/VIC 10.00AM – 4.30PM; QLD 9.00AM – 3.30PM; SA 9.30AM – 4.00PM; WA 7.00AM – 1.30PM
NZ 12.00PM – 6.30PM; SING/HK 7.00AM – 1.30PM